Wimperis Simpson & Guthrie
Edmund Wimperis 1865 - 1946 William Simpson ? - 1959 Leonard Guthrie 1880 - 1958
Park Lodge and Avenue Lodge
Wimperis and Simpson joined forces in 1911, and achieved fame in 1923 by winning the competition for the rebuilding of Fortnum & Masons. In 1925, they were joined by Leonard Guthrie to help with the Grosvenor House project. The partnership was active between 1925 – 1946 and did a great deal of work for the Grosvenor Estate, in Mayfair. Most of their work was neo-Georgian in style.
In St John’s Wood, they were responsible for Park Lodge and Avenue Lodge and 47, 49, 63, 65, 67, 69, 71, 75 Avenue Road.
Other work in the area
Winfield House [now the American Ambassador’s residence] in Regent’s Park.