1. Grove End Road to Abbey Road
The whole Trail is roughly 3 kilometres long on level ground and takes about one and a quarter hours. Exiting St John’s Wood Underground Station , cross the Finchley Road and walk down Grove End Road.
American School in London (ASL)
is on the right, occupying the site of the old Daleham Tennis Club. The school occupies the whole block, with the main entrance in Waverley Place. Opposite is the
Hospital of St John and St Elizabeth
which is one of the largest private hospitals in the country, originally run by nuns. The hospital includes St John’s Hospice, the garden of which can be seen beyond the hospital entrance.
St John’s Wood (United Orthodox) Synagogue
completed in 1964 , is on the right before the junction with Abbey Road.
Blue plaques to conductor Sir Thomas Beecham (1879-1961) and artist Sir Lawrence Alma Tadema (1836 -1912)
may be seen at No 31 and No 44.